The Members Area
This directory has been made available to anyone who is interested. To gain access to restricted directories, you will be required to request membership. -Request membership. Signup now! Or, you can use the following user name and password to access the restricted directories: Username: 123uandme Password: silkworth.info
Please do not electronically copy, transmit, copy and paste, redistribute or by any other means of reproduction of any content in the restricted directories. The Members area can be accessed by anyone. However, there will be several directories that will require membership. If you'd like to be a member, you can request membership here
. You will be issued a USER NAME and PASSWORD to enter the restricted directories.
Please do not give your User Id & Password to anyone. This section of silkworth.info is expected to grow and has several directories that are exclusive to members only. Membership is by request and referral based on trust. You, as a member can have a friend send a request
for membership to access the restricted directories. Any information beneficial to the Members Area or any other part of silkworth.info for inclusion, that you may have, is accepted with much gratitude.
Mirrored Web sites that may be of interest to you. [All mirrored Web sites opens in new window]
- The Hindsfoot Foundation -A not-for-profit organization founded in 1993 for the publication of materials on the history and theory of alcoholism treatment and the moral and spiritual dimensions of recovery. By request, the director of Hindsfoot Foundation, Glenn Chesnut, retired Professor, History Department, Indiana University South Bend, 1970-2003 (dept. chairman 1982-4), Professor of History and Professor of Theology (Visiting), Boston University, Co-director of the American branch of the French scholarly press Éditions Beauchesne, Acting Assistant Professor, Department of Religion, University of Virginia, Preceptor in Greek and Philosophy, graduate theology program, Southern Methodist University, Ordained United Methodist minister, 1964-present, published works surrounding the subject of alcoholism, Alcoholics Anonymous history and related information, many awards, former Moderator of AA History Lovers Yahoo Groups One and two; the site rich with AA history, penmanship and related information, is presented here with permission.
Also see: Glenn Text | Unmeasured Distances
- GSO Watch -Mission Statement: In accordance with Concept XII: Warranty V Essay comment from The AA Service Manual (© 2002 AAWS Inc.):
"In the long run, though, we shall have to rely mainly upon the pressures of A.A. opinion and public opinion. And to this end we shall need to maintain a continuous education of public communications channels of all kinds concerning the nature and purpose of our Traditions. Whenever and however we can, we shall need to inform the general public also; especially upon misuses of the name Alcoholics Anonymous. This combination of counter forces can be very discouraging to violators or would-be violators. Under these conditions they soon find their deviations to be unprofitable and unwise. Our experience has shown that continuous and general education respecting our Traditions will be a reliable preventive and protection in the years to come."
- Big Book Study Group Website -outdated historic copy / ungueltiger historischer Schnappschuss Website der Blaues Buch Studiengruppe NOTE: This website was originally run by Jim H. in California. His transition from this material world to a life beyond physical embodiment occurred in spring 2001. His original website was last updated: 25 April 1999 and is, naturally, no longer maintained and paid for by him. According to his last will we continue his work. The newsletter material presented here is mostly from 1994 trough 1998. We updated most links, inserted working e-mail contacts and left the rest unchanged.
AA BBSG, June 2001
- A.A. Muncie A.A. History
The following Timeline of A.A. History is based on information provided to the AA History Lovers e-group, with local "Hoosier" events added, with references.
"AA Members seem to have a warm place in their heart for AA history. AA also has a very strong verbal tradition. Much information is circulated in AA by word of mouth. This has both its good and difficult sides. How do you know what is fact and what is myth? A great deal of myth circulates by word of mouth in AA. To help address this, the timeline items in this paper (history) are cross-referenced to one or more reliable written references. The references provide both corroboration and sources for further investigation and historical research." - Arthur S., TX.
-The following presentations were converted from power point to regular web pages (html).
- The following is a presentation given at the Southern Minnesota Area Assembly regarding Class A Trustees, with background information from the 1962 discussion on approving the Twelve Concepts.
The following is a presentation given at the West Central Regional Forum regarding controversial topics in Alcoholics Anonymous. -Tom Ardolf, St. Cloud, MN., Sioux Falls, SD. August 25th 2001. This presentation was converted from power point, word doc & pdf to html and presented here with permission from Tom Ardolf.
History Related Readings/Articles
- The 4th Edition Big Book
You also have the option to translate this Big Book into other languages.
- Various A.A. Books in MP3 format - Listen to them now!
Books & writings include, "A New Pair of Glasses", "A.A. Comes of Age", "Dr. Bob and the Good Old timers", "Pass It On", "The Little Red Book", Ernest Kurtz - "Not God", "Sermon On The Mount" and Charles B Townes - "Habits That Handicap."
- A Brief History of the Twelve Steps of Alcoholics Anonymous
Northeast Texas Area 65 (NETA) Archives. Extracts from the reference sources are printed with permission of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services Inc. and The AA Grapevine Inc. for use within the AA Fellowship only.
A Narrative Timeline of AA History
Version as of August 2009 (Work in progress) Confidential - not to be distributed or republished to the general public - an updated version from his 2004 version for AA Members Only - Contains Member’s Last Names - (pdf) 417 KB -An ongoing works by Arthur S. *Please do not copy this file and distribute it. It is for your personal use only as an AA member.
UPDATE: The following 2 files are updated versions of the above and it is the final version.
A Narrative Timeline of AA History -2018 (doc)
A Narrative Timeline of AA History -2018 (pdf)
Diary of Two Motorcycle Hobos
A Diary by Lois Wilson — Bill and Lois — their journey up and down the east coast of the United States, from Thursday, April 16, 1925 to Monday, April 12, 1927 - Wilson, Lois, Copyright © Ellie van V., 1998 All rights reserved. No part of this work covered by the copyright hereon may be reproduced or used in any form or by any means. All Copyright, Publisher, Printing, as well as contact information, is included in this Read me text file. Please be sure to read the _Read me.txt file first before opening: Diary of Two Motorcycle Hobos
* The Stepping Stones Foundation in New York now own the Copyrights to the "Diary of Two Motorcycle Hobos". No portion of these files may be reproduced or copied in any way. Diary of Two Motorcycle Hobos made available here for research and historical purposes only.
- Theatre, Culture and Temperance Reform in Nineteenth-Century America, by John W. Frick - University of Virginia
- The Combined Addiction Disease Chronologies of William White, MA, Ernest Kurtz, PhD, and Caroline Acker, PhD - 5Th BC to 2001
- MANUSCRIPT Of A.A. WORLD HISTORY 1985 Contents - This document is the first draft of the in-depth history of Alcoholics Anonymous as prepared by Bob Pearson. The manuscript was rejected by the Trustees’ Literature Committee and was not published.
- The "Final Conference Reports" from 1951 to 2002
- Manuscript in the making, "We Began to Count Noses". Version of the 4th Chapter of the manuscript authored by just" Another Layman with a Notebook"
Your comments can be relayed via myself in which I will contact the author with your comments.
-Made available here with his permission.
- Also including this rare item, "The Amos List, 1938" - Dr. Bob's hand written list that was attached to the 1938 Amos Report sent to John D. Rockefeller - sent to me by just another Layman with a Notebook. (pdf) -Made available here with his permission.
Conference Agenda's, Legal, Letters, Misc
[pdf & doc]
- Four points to secure the future of AA
- 7th Challenge The Challenge of the 7th Tradition - 20 Years Later
- 57th FINAL Conf Agenda Items (English)
- 1997 AAWS, Inc. Tax Return
- 1998 AAWS, Inc. Tax Return
- 1999 AAWS, Inc. Tax Return
- 2000 AAWS, Inc. Tax Return
- 2001 AAWS, Inc. Tax Return
- 2002 AAWS, Inc. Tax Return
- 2003 AAWS, Inc. Tax Return
- 2004 AAWS, Inc. Tax Return
- 2005 AAWS, Inc. Tax Return
- 2006 AAWS, Inc. Tax Return
- 2007 AAWS, Inc. Tax Return
- 2008 AAWS, Inc. Tax Return
- 2009 AAWS, Inc. Tax Return
- 2010-not yet available
- 1997 General Service Board Tax Return -unavailable?
- 1998 General Service Board Tax Return
- 1999 General Service Board Tax Return
- 2000 General Service Board Tax Return
- 2001 General Service Board Tax Return
- 2002 General Service Board Tax Return
- 2003 General Service Board Tax Return
- 2004 General Service Board Tax Return
- 2005 General Service Board Tax Return
- 2006 General Service Board Tax Return
- 2007 General Service Board Tax Return
- 2008 General Service Board Tax Return
- 2009 General Service Board Tax Return
- 2010-not yet available
- 1997 AA Grapevine Tax Return -unavailable?
- 1998 AA Grapevine Tax Return
- 1999 AA Grapevine Tax Return
- 2000 AA Grapevine Tax Return
- 2001 AA Grapevine Tax Return
- 2002 AA Grapevine Tax Return -unavailable?
- 2003 AA Grapevine Tax Return
- 2004 AA Grapevine Tax Return
- 2005 AA Grapevine Tax Return
- 2006 AA Grapevine Tax Return
- 2007 AA Grapevine Tax Return
- 2008 AA Grapevine Tax Return
- 2009 AA Grapevine Tax Return
- 2010-not yet available
- 1997 Stepping Stones Tax Return -unavailable?
- 1998 Stepping Stones Tax Return -unavailable?
- 1999 Stepping Stones Tax Return -unavailable?
- 2000 Stepping Stones Tax Return -unavailable?
- 2001 Stepping Stones Tax Return -unavailable?
- 2002 Stepping Stones Tax Return -unavailable?
- 2003 Stepping Stones Tax Return
- 2004 Stepping Stones Tax Return
- 2005 Stepping Stones Tax Return
- 2006 Stepping Stones Tax Return
- 2007 Stepping Stones Tax Return
- 2008 Stepping Stones Tax Return
- 2009 Stepping Stones Tax Return -unavailable?
- 2010-not yet available
- 2006 Agenda Topic Summaries CNCA Area 07 (From Area 06)
- 2007 General Service Conference Committees Agenda Items
- AAWS vs Friends of Bill
- AAWS vs Raymond
- About Copyright Letter from AAWS attorney to Greg
- Al-anon vs Al-anon
- Baldwin Attorney, February 7 2000
- Baldwin Suit-vs AA, index no 97-0774
- Big Book Changes 1st edition
- Central New York Area Assembly Handbook Nov 06
- Elaine McDowell Letter to her from Dennis
- f-151 markings winter06
- Friends Of Bill Arbitration
- The Devil and Bill Wilson, By Richard K., Copyright 2004 by Anonymous
- The Nation, March 2, 1964, ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS - DANGERS OF SUCCESS
- Our Primary Purpose Forum, The Voice of the Alcoholics Anonymous Minority Opinion
- Our Primary Purpose Forum, The Voice of the Alcoholics Anonymous Minority Opinion, 1948
- Ask It Basket - General Service Conference of Alcoholics Anonymous, 1951-1978
- GARY K letter
- GARY K AAWS REPLY
- GARY K AAWS REPLY With Attachments
- German license
- Singleness of Purpose by George E. Valiant, M. D., Class A (nonalcoholic) trustee
- If The Suit Fits-Description of right to sue by GSO Staff Member
- Legal Rights-Response by a delegate to the Staff paper on their right to sue
- Lets Look at the Record
- Letters AA DECISION
- Reports on Identifying Marks and Copyrights 1994 Final Report
- ROTH_ENG anon-First German litigation
- Spirituality versus Legalism in Alcoholics Anonymous
- Violation of Our Principles
Other AA Information / Readings
-All of the following are in pdf format.
Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc. has neither endorsed nor approved
of Welcome to Silkworth.info. Nor is Welcome to Silkworth.info affiliated
Anonymous World Services, Inc. or any service entity of AAWS, Inc.
which includes The AA Grapevine, Inc. Alcoholics Anonymous®, the
book, Alcoholics Anonymous®, The Big Book®, the book, The Twelve
Steps and Twelve Traditions® are registered trademarks of AAWS,
Inc. The Grapevine®, and AA Grapevine® are registered trademarks
AA Grapevine, Inc.